Backend Software Developer
(Innsbruck, full time, m/w/x)
ABOUT THE JOB
ParityQC delivers a software suite which includes compiler, hardware optimizer, and operating system for quantum computers. The software runs as a SaaS platform and therefore must be reliable, scalable and highly available. We are looking for highly skilled and motivated software engineers with or without physics background to improve our current backend, which handles compilation and other compute-intensive tasks. On the short term, this would entail container orchestration, logging, HPC infrastructure, maintenance of the cloud infrastructure and database management. Ideally applicants have already worked in the SaaS industry.
You will be in charge of developing and maintaining the SaaS infrastructure to deliver our operating system worldwide. The compiler is a pre-processing step that transforms an optimization problem into a form that can be used on a quantum computer. We developed this compiler from scratch and deploy it in the cloud.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Required Skills & Experience
• Programming languages: Python and Django
• 3-4 years of work experience within the industry
• Experience in cloud computing, SaaS, PostgreSQL, container orchestration with Kubernetes or Docker Swarm and API development.
• High degree of creativity and pro-activeness
• Ability to work self-initiated and independently
• Capability to lead teams
• Fluency in English
• Publicly available repositories of sample backend/fullstack projects
• German skills are a plus, but not required
We are a young spin-off working in one of the most exciting emerging technology fields. There are no long-time proven concepts on what we are doing – we need to invent everything from scratch, and we are therefore able to shape a whole new generation of computing. We are pioneers in this field and develop the blueprints for the upcoming generations. ParityOS is the first fully cloud-based
operating system for quantum computers.
**Please submit a cover letter with your application**
Job: Full time
Hours of work per week: 38,5 hours
Remuneration: based on experience